With the coming of the new school year, we would like to use this opportunity to highlight some of the fundraising effort from the previous school year (2015-2016) and sample of how we’ve been allocating and distributing those funds.
- Fall Fundraising – PTO raised $6147.17 from the selling of Save-A-Round coupon book for the Fall Fundraising.
- Enchanted Dance – The event generates a net of $3481.43 in revenue. $788 of the net revenue comes from the raffle of the gift baskets (Gift Basket’s items were courtesy of the generous donation from our parents). Revenue from this event benefits Relay for Life and PHM Foundation’s Silver-Mile Run.
- Krispy Kreme Coupons Fundraising – PTO raised $809 from the sale of the Krispy Kreme coupon.
- Box Tops for Education – PTO raised $2349.90 from the collection of Box Tops for Education.
- Labels for Education – PTO raised over 13205 points from Labels for Education.
- Teacher Allocations – A total reimbursement of $2664.68 was granted to our teachers to help for their classroom supplies expenses.
- Ice-Cream Social – PTO sponsored the event to welcome Walt Disney Elementary families in a Back to School event to meet their new teacher as well as reunite students with their classmates from previous year.
- Staff Appreciation Week – As a token of appreciation to our teachers and Walt Disney Elementary staff members, PTO treated them for a week full of pampering. Starting with Coffee Bar Monday, followed by Luscious Breakfast Tuesday, Gift Treat Wednesday, Popcorn Party Thursday and ended with delicious Italian lunch treat from Papa Vino’s as well as assorted sweet dessert donation from Whole Foods.
- Silver Mile – PTO donated a total of $1700.00 of the revenue generated from the Enchanted Dance event the PHM Silver Mile Run.
- Relay for Life – PTO donated $1346.72 of the revenue generated from the Enchanted Dance event to the Relay-for-Life Foundation.
- After-School-Tutoring – We spend $1999.70 to provide After-School-Tutoring program to support students who need the program.
- Spell Bowl T-Shirts – PTO sponsored uniform T-Shirts used for Coaches and students participants for the 2015-2016 PHM Spell Bowl competition event.
- Girls on the Run – PTO donated $1000 to the program, provided support for 2 teams (15 girls per team, Grade 3rd -5th). This donation helps provide 40% of the total registration fee for the program.
- Fifth Grade Fieldtrip – PTO subsidized $566.05 to help out 5th Grader have their last Fieldtrip hooray at Camp Eberhart.
- Reading Incentive – PTO provided prizes for the monthly reading challenge and sponsored the Bouncy House event to award students who met their yearly goal for the reading challenge.
- Box Tops Winners – PTO sponsored a Cereal Party and Hot Chocolate Party for the winning classes for Box Tops collection. Prizes was also awarded to the Winning teachers.
Needless to say that all the above will not be possible without the support from all the Walt Disney Elementary families, volunteers, and staff members. We can’t say Thank You enough for your support!