What is the Walt Disney Elementary PTO?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The Walt Disney Elementary PTO is a nonprofit group comprised of parents, teachers, and staff dedicated to improving the educational experience of all students at Walt Disney Elementary School. Our goals are to encourage interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support, and work with teachers, staff, and the community at large to improve our children’s educational experience. The PTO works closely with the school administration to meet this goal.
Who can join PTO?
Any parent, grandparents or guardian of a current student of Walt Disney Elementary PTO as well as all current faculty and staff members.
How do I get involve and is there a due fee to join?
All you have to do is complete our membership form, signup for our announcement email list, and come to our monthly PTO meeting. It is never too late to join. There is no fee to join the PTO. Walt Disney Elementary PTO is FREE for all parents/grandparents/guardian of students attending Walt Disney Elementary as well as all current faculty and staff members.
When, where, and how long are the PTO Meetings?
Walt Disney Elementary PTO meet monthly at the school by the cafeteria or school library. To accommodate the different schedules, we meet alternately at 2:30PM or 6:30 PM. Meeting dates for the school year will be posted in the PHM School District calendar. Monthly meeting usually last for about an hour.
Is PTO meeting attendance mandatory?
No. Walt Disney Elementary PTO meeting is not mandatory. We understand parents and staff members have busy schedule to fill outside school. It is not mandatory that you come to every single PTO meeting in the school year. If you are interested in becoming a Committee member or volunteer of a particular event, we would encourage you to attend the monthly meeting prior to the event.
Why should I come to PTO Meetings?
- The number one reason is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. The PTO is a great opportunity to become involved in your child’s education at Walt Disney Elementary.
- Get connected! There is no better way to get involved in what is happening or is going to happen at Walt Disney Elementary.
- Stay informed. By getting involved at Walt Disney Elementary PTO, you will be part of the team helping to make positive changes.
- Tap into a network. Come and share ideas, concerns, and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTO functions are an opportunity to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and be informed.
- Be a role model. By becoming active in the PTO, you will be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. Studies show children do better in school when parents are involved.
- Speak Up. PTO offers a forum for exchanging ideas as well as making suggestions. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively express change at Walt Disney Elementary.
Can I bring my kids to PTO Meetings?
Yes. Sometimes PTO members find it necessary to bring their child(ren) with them to the meetings. This is completely understandable and we do not want this to prevent you from coming to a meeting. However, because we are discussing business and giving out important information we just ask that the parents try to keep the children from being disruptive. Since you know your child(ren) better than anyone, you would be best at determining if they can sit through an entire PTO meeting.